Summer and Kara from Yakima show us the new Yakima HoldUp and the optional HoldUp +2 (to carry 4 bikes total) that’s new and improved for 2013. The HoldUp is easy to install and loads in seconds. It folds down to load the bikes and has a sliding wheel tray that allows up to 4 inches of movement to reduce bike to bike interference. A new longer StrongArm ratcheting system also allows for compatibility with 20-29 inch wheels. Other features of the HoldUp bike rack include a wheel tray strap, integrated SKS cable lock system, a knob to tilt the rack down for rear vehicle access and the integrated bottle opener. The HoldUp hitch bike carrier is available in 2″ and 1.25″ sizes for $439 and additional $329 for the +2 extension.
- New Side-to-side adjustability that reduces bike to bike interference
- Quick and easy assembly within minutes
- StrongArmTM design enables you to load your bike quickly whether it’s a 20” wheel or a 29’er
- Zero contact with the bike frame. Accommodates carbon road bikes as well as disc brakes, thru axles and full suspension bikes.
- Tilts down with bikes loaded for rear of vehicle access
- Compact design – bike trays fold up when not in use
- Comes with fully integrated security. Locks bike to rack and rack to vehicle (SKS LOCK CORES included).
- Premium glossy black finish
- Metal bottle opener is best friend approved
- Carries 2 bikes out of the box, or 4 bikes with optional HoldUp +2
The ladies of Yakima and Subaru show off some muscle. They know their products and know how to have fun too.