By Nick Hilden from The Manual
E-bikes are the latest, coolest thing in the cycling world, and while they’re certainly just as awesome as they’re hyped up to be, they do come with some unique considerations. As far as safety goes, they can be significantly faster and sometimes even flat-out difficult to control compared to non-powered bikes. They also stand out on a bike rack in terms of steal appeal. Luckily, some great e-bike gear has been developed over the past couple of years to address these issues.
With this in mind, let’s take a look at some of the best e-bike gear out there. These items have been selected specifically to address concerns relating to safety and security. Each has been tested extensively by our reviewer, so you can ride assured that this e-bike gear is truly unrivaled.
Yakima OnRamp E-Bike Hitch Bike Rack
Best All-Around E-Bike Rack
One issue some people have with e-bikes is that they can be difficult to transport due to their large size and weight, which makes most vehicle racks unsuitable for the task. That’s not the case with the OnRamp from Yakima, which was specifically designed for e-bikes. Capable of carrying two 66-pound bikes, it offers the capacity necessary for pretty much any bike on the market. It also has a unique ramp to assist with loading, which is a huge help.
OnRamp Product Details
- Engineered to carry 2 bikes up to 66-lbs each
- Integrated ramp for easy, roll-on loading, and stows away neatly
- Adjustable frame attachments means you can carry E-Bikes, mountain, road, hybrid, women’s specific, BMX, kids bikes and bikes with fenders with ease.
- Accommodates tires up to 29×3.25″ and up to 27.5x 4.5” wide tires with the FatStrap Kit (sold separately)
- Accommodates bike wheelbases up to 50”
- Integrated SKS (Same Key System) locks included to secure bikes to rack and rack to vehicle receiver
- Tilts forward with bikes loaded for trunk access
- Adjustable bike trays minimize bike to bike interference
- Off-Road Rated at 40lbs per bike
- RV Rated at 40lbs per bike
- Compatible with the Yakima BackSwing and StraightShot
- Weight: 42.60 lbs.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Price: $729
For the rest of the list from The Manual CLICK HERE