“Hickory-smoked bacon sizzles on a griddle. The fat pools, spreads, and infuses eggs scrambling in butter nearby.
Did your salivary glands just twitch? Of course they did. To do bacon and eggs—and many other proper camping dishes—correctly it’s nice to have a griddle.…
We recently tried the Pinnacle Griddle from GSI Outdoors.
It’s aluminum and just a bit over two pounds, yet offers a generous 10 by 18-inch cooking area surrounded by a grease moat. The surface is some non-stick space-age stuff—which we eschew at home but which is nice for cleaning up with a limited water supply. The back is hard-anodized (GSI offers a non-anodized version called the Bugaboo).
The Pinnacle Griddle’s aluminum is fairly thin, which means low heat will suffice, but not so thin that there were hotspots—it heated and cooked evenly for both bacon and pancakes.
For the full review check out: http://www.overlandexpo.com/overland-tech-travel/2013/6/4/a-proper-camp-breakfast.html
GSI Outdoors Pinnacle Griddle
- Ultimate Hard Anodized durability, efficiency, heat distribution
- Easy cleaning Teflon with Radiance Technology non-stick surface.
- Non-reactive, hard anodized surface is harder than stainless steel while heating with exceptional efficiency and uniformity.
- Efficient grease collection channel
- Useable over embers, stoves and barbecues.
- Convenient handles also allow griddle to be hung for cooling or storage.
- Dimensions- 19.70″ x 11.10″ x 1.70″
- Weight- 2 lbs 3oz.
- Materials- Non-Stick Coated, Hard Anodized Aluminum
GSI Outdoors Bugaboo Griddle
- Highly conductive aluminum construction for excellent heat distribution, durability and performance.
- Easy cleaning Teflon Classic two layer coating non-stick surface.